I manage the Institute’s intellectual property portfolio and I’m involved in research leadership in our Bionic Hearing, Bionic Vision, and Neurobionics programs.
- BSc (ANU), AIA (London), PhD (Monash), GAICD
- I’ve worked on cochlear implants, hearing aids, and the development of spoken language in children with impaired hearing since 1979 when I joined Graeme Clark’s team at The University of Melbourne
- Honorary Professorial Fellow Department of Otolaryngology, The University of Melbourne
- Managing Director, Australia Hears Pty Ltd
- Board Member for the Children’s Charity Network
- Co-inventor of over 20 patent and patent application families, many of which have been successfully commercialised
- Awarded the American Academy of Audiology International Award (2007)